Luke's Mummy

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Big School and Fish and Chips

Richard and I went to Luke's new school Thursday night (well, the one he starts in September), it was for all the parents so that we could meet the Headteacher and watch a presentation on how the school operates, what they expect of the kiddywinks etc. It was really good, and the school is amazing.

We were originally going to send him to Victoria Road, and he was all geared up for it (it is literally just across from our back gate) but after speaking to a couple of parents whose kids go there already we decided it wasn't what we wanted for Luke. The Reception class is really big, there is also a problem with kids tending to get ignored in favour of other kids who are behaving really badly and also, they have no playing field so there is talk of the school getting closed down (how awful is that).

We had a talk with his current teachers who suggested that we take a look around the school next door. It is a brand spanking new building, very clean and airy and Luke already knows a few of the teachers as they come and teach his class French and read to them. They also get to go the assembly there a few times a month so he is familiar with the building. No contest really. Also, most of his classmates are going there so the transition shouldn't be too traumatic.

When we got back home I was too tired to cook, and do you know what I did? I put Luke to bed and went to the chippy, we had cod and chips with mushy peas. Very calorific, not at all healthy but it tasted sooooooo good I didn't even feel guilty.

Luke is brokenhearted that his little "girlfriend" Lucy isn't going to Halton Lodge, he turned his little tear stained face to me yesterday when he found out and said "but she is pregnant with my child!" WHAAAATTTT!!!!!!!!!! Where on earth has he got that from????

7 Comments:

  • At 6:50 PM , Blogger Emily said...

    Ha ha ha! Glad he hasn't gotten a girl preggie yet.

    Nothing like good fish n chips. Looking forward to it myself later this month!

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Paula,you do find that in most schools nowadays where more 'notice' is taken of the 'bad boys' most annoying I think! and quite unfair...

     
  • At 7:18 PM , Blogger Vetmommy said...

    Man, I would eat fish & chips, too, in a heartbeat. I remember going with Nana and her ordering "one mushy pea!" and in my mind, all I could think of was a solitary pea squashed on the table.

     
  • At 1:57 AM , Blogger paula said...

    Jenn, that is so funny X

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hahahaha Typical Nana talk...my Mum (your Nan) was a super lady and so funny..my kids still talk about her 'funny' ways..how when she came for meals at our house she was always the last to leave the table...she loved to 'pick' and now strangely enough SO DO I !!! hahahaha

     
  • At 10:42 AM , Blogger paula said...

    I always remember when she came to tea at our house Nan would say to mum "don't give me a lot Dorothy" so mum would put a small plate out for her, she would polish it off and then "pick" at my plate. So funny.

     
  • At 7:19 AM , Blogger get2eric said...

    Closing Vickie Rd. Scandalous!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home