Luke's Mummy

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Lovely!

Just dropped Lukey off at preschool, it was sooooo lovely to be there at 9.00am when all his little mates were arriving, I didn't realise how much I missed all that stuff. It was great seeing the mums and chatting with them again, I even enjoyed listening to the Alpha mum discussing how little Ryan was now able to count to thirty in French (Luke can do up to 20 btw and knows at least two different songs, but I didn't mention that as I don't want to appear too competitive).

I spent the entire day with mum yesterday, that was so great as lately I felt that the only time we saw each other was when I was dropping Luke off for an hour while I did the supermarket run - he hates the weekly shop, sigh, how things have changed ....

Luke aged 2:

"Mummy are we go shopping?"
"Yes sweetpea"
"Ohhhh great, whooppeeeee" (Grabs his shoes)
"mummy, put them on quickly" (dashes out to the car and waits hopping from foot to foot)

Luke aged nearly 4:

"Oh mummy, have we got to go shopping?"
"Yes Luke we do"
"Right then drop me off at nannas" (grabs his shoes)
"Come on mummy, the sooner we go, the sooner we can get back" (dashes to the car, opens the door and hops in clutching his toolkit)

Sighhhhhh......

So, I purchased a new bed for him which was delivered yesterday. He was very uncertain about it all as it is not a kiddy bed but a lovely single divan which has loads more room for him to shuffle about in but, saying that it did look awfully high up from where he stood.

Mum and I dismantled his old wooden cot bed which is when I felt like sobbing, as wasn't it only yesterday that we put it all together to form a gorgeous cot and then with such pride took the bars off to form a lovely little bed when he turned 2? Then we put the legs on the new one and wheeled it into place in the corner of his room. It looks beautiful and very squishy.

Luke meanwhile had been very "helpful" with his hardhat, goggles, drill, hammer and saw and felt justified when it was all done in having a good old bounce on it. He was delighted when we took him to buy new bedding to fit it, and even though we had a near meltdown when I refused to let him have the pink barbie duvet set (he fancies her!!!!????) it all went swimmingly and he came home with a blue car patterned set and one with superheroes on it.

Off he popped to bed last night and Richard put (very wisely) his old mattress on the floor next to his new bed in case we had a rolling off the bed incident. He snuggled down, went to sleep with only two curtain calls. Relief!

I checked on him when I got up to use the toilet at about 5.00am and he was all snugged up, curled into a little ball, snoring his head off ....... on the floor on his old mattress! Bless!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM , Blogger Vetmommy said...

    Good for you for posting AGAIN! I hope this is a new pattern.

    My kids love going to the grocery store. I'm pretty sure its the cookie they almost always get from the bakery section. I almost would rather shop without them sometimes - much less stress!

     
  • At 7:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Welcome, back! We missed you so and your lively commentary. Another job will come your way, I'm sure, which will be much more to your liking and schedule. Afterall, Luke will only be little once and I'm glad you are enjoying him. Good time to spend with you Mum, too.
    Love you, Auntie Bev

     
  • At 8:37 AM , Blogger get2eric said...

    Wow, 2 posts-2 days, Wow!

    I like to go to the grocery store. Here in Houston, as in Austin, they give away lots of samples of the fruit, produce and even meat products at Central Market. If you go to Cosco at 1130, you can eat enough gimmes that you wont need lunch. Honest. 'Course, the carbs and calories will make you sleepy in the afternoon.

    Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 7:17 PM , Blogger Emily said...

    I was so distraught at checking your blog time and time again with no new posts, that it took my dad telling me about your two new musings to get me back! Glad to hear from you again.

     
  • At 10:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh,Gosh! Paula...when did you get back from OZ!!!!! you have been gone ages..I kept looking to see if you were still on Planet Earth welcome back!! xxxxx lovely story of Luke and his bed hahaha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home