Luke's Mummy

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Manners

Richard and I have always drummed into Luke to be polite to people, always to say "please and thank you", to ask nicely for things etc., so I was ever so proud the other day when I collected him from pre school to hear him ask his key worker for a tissue, he was such a little man ....

(Luke to Julie) "Oh dear I've got a runny nose, please may I have a tissue Julie?"
(Julie) "Of course you can Luke, there you go"
(Luke to Julie) "Thank you my dear" (yes really)
(Julie) "That's ok darling"

How cute is that? Yesterday ....

(Luke to Me, screamed at the top of his voice) "Mummmmmy, I've got a runny nose, wanna tissue noooowwwwww"
(Me) "There is no need to yell Luke, just wait a minute, I'll get you one now"
(Luke to Me, screamed at the top of his voice) "Noooooowwwww, it's dripping on to my top"
(Me) "Please stop yelling, here it is"
(Luke to Me, screamed at the top of his voice) "Too late, now, I've done it".
He had wiped it on his hand and then onto his jeans. Pleasant

Yes, Luke is ever so polite and pleasant at pre school, and I'm really proud of him for handling himself so well in front of his key worker Julie and his other "teachers", now I just need to work on him around the house.

I did actually shout at him the other day for being naughty and he wagged his finger at me and said "Mummy you mustn't shout, that is very aggressive behaviour". Sigh ....... Yes, he has grasped that very well, the little guy needs to start practising what he preaches methinks.

I love him soooo much, he is so cute and cuddly and so very adorable (yes, he is napping right now).

Now, I really must start thinking about packing some boxes as we move a week tomorrow (throwing hands up in the air at the very thought of it).

4 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    That is hillarious and so succinctly captures the half cuddly-sweet-bunny-rabbit, half insolent-whining-hyena nature of a toddler BOY.

    My son had a foul, foul episode today, then napped (cue angel chorus of "Ahhh"!) and was deliciously sweet all evening. Wow, they have quite a range, these boys!

    Happy packing, it's good for purging junk, heh?

     
  • At 12:26 AM , Blogger paula said...

    Yes Steph, problem is after purging the junk I'm probably left with a couple of beds, a few cats and a wooden spatula to take with me to the new house. XXXX

     
  • At 7:51 AM , Blogger Emily said...

    Ha ha. Well, it's nice to know he uses what you've taught him at school. (And I'm REALLY glad for a new post. I've missed you!)

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ah,Paula...I always said you should be on the stage hahahaaha what a story and so typical of kids,huh? I still have not seen 'our' Luke!! and the Summer has passed....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home