Luke's Mummy

Friday, August 24, 2007

What a difference a day makes ...

So excited about the progress I am making with WW, checked the scales this morning and have now lost best part of a whole stone (Wooohooo). I went to see a friend of mine yesterday and she commented about how well she thought I looked, came away feeling that all the hard work is definitely worth it (preen preen). However, the lovely rosy glow faded somewhat this afternoon when coming out of mum's entrance hall a little old lady who hasn't seen me for a couple of months stopped in her tracks upon seeing me ...

"Hello lovely, not seen you for a while"
"I know, how are you?"
"Fine dear, you look different" (little scrunched up frowny face)
"Oh, do I?" (Me now getting ready to stun her with my weight loss amount)
"Yes, you're not pregnant are you?"
"No!!!"
"Oh, you have just put on a bit of weight haven't you, never mine, I can't shift it either."

I couldn't actually speak as I wanted to laugh out loud at the irony of it. She had never ever commented on my appearance before and now chose to do it at a time when I was actually starting to feel good about myself.

Ho hummmmmm!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM , Blogger Vetmommy said...

    Man, that stinks! At least you had scientific evidence that you had not gained weight -- if you had not been on WW you would feel really bad.

     
  • At 5:38 AM , Blogger get2eric said...

    I'd a gone back into your mum's and had a nice jam buttie. That woulda made me feel better......

     
  • At 6:23 AM , Blogger Emily said...

    Oh man! That is frustrating. It's weird that someone would even say that. Guess you could have retorted, "Yes, you're looking different, too. Is that a new wrinkle?"

     
  • At 6:05 PM , Blogger Vetmommy said...

    Are you gonna post in September at all? Better hurry!

     
  • At 6:40 PM , Blogger Vetmommy said...

    You know, some of us are posting EVERY DAY this month. Would love to hear from you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home