Luke's Mummy

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm Loving It!

Work is really great, am so enjoying it and feel very fortunate, it is so wonderful to not be doing something and finding myself clock watching. The time goes really fast as well, sometimes I don't even realise that it has gone 2.30 and should be on my way home to pick Luke up from school. Of course, it helps that the people I work with are lovely (not just talking about the husband here). Our department are moving upstairs to next week so I will be working on the same floor as Richard which will be a tad strange as I often forget that we are in the same building but, it is all good ... oh and my contract has been extended until September (at least) so I must be doing something right.

Talking of Richard, he has been off work ill with Pneumonia (eek), he hasn't been well for a couple of months and has kept on pushing himself at work, so consequently the doctor ordered him to take time off to rest and consume huge quantities of strong antibiotics. He looks as though he is picking up now though and is hoping to return to work next week.

Luke seems to have decided to become a troublesome little monkey at the moment, he is being really cheeky and stubborn (think it is the prospect of becoming 5 in a few months). He is an angel at school and then as soon as I collect him at 3.00 (feeling knackered and not best equipped to handle a stroppy sproglet) he decides to turn into the child from hell. Still, he knows that he is being a little sod, as when he drives me to point of near screaming and tearing hair out in utter frustration he then turns to me and says "mummy I'm being horrible aren't I, do you still love me?" Aaargh!! So, I go all forgiving and mushy (grateful that he has returned to something akin to a human child again) and then, .... he becomes a little git again. Talk about a bloody rollercoster of emotion.

Still, at least I get to wear heels during the day.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:37 PM , Blogger Vetmommy said...

    Sorry to hear about Richard! Hope he is well soon.

    I think Luke is like lots of kids his age - they, too, are knackered at the end of a long day behaving themselves at school, so they take it out on their loved ones when they get home. Hope he gets out of this stage soon.

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger Emily said...

    Glad the job is still going so well. Congrats on the extension! Next, they'll probably wonder how they EVER did without you!

    Hope Richard feels better soon.

    Tell Luke cheeky boys don't get more books from Auntie Emily. :-)

     
  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger get2eric said...

    It's time Paula.
    Get cracking!

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ..!!!! See how much you have been missed,Paula..:o) xx A.Norma.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home