Luke's Mummy

Monday, April 07, 2008

Sleeeeeeepppp!!!

Am chucking a sickie today, am soooooo tired, couldn't sleep a wink last night, was lying in bed looking at the clock which appeared to be mocking me, 2.00am it glowed at me, oh no, only 4 hours until I have to get up, 4.00am it beamed, 2 hours before I have to get up and so on ..... So, Rich insisted I stay home, he is going to let them know that I would be a complete liability if they let me in work, I would probably suggest that a pharmacist go on a cycling proficiency course or something of that ilk so, I will stay home and feel totally guily instead. Am going to say awake though, apparantly if I succumb to the sleep monster it will render me incapable of sleeping tonight so I will just put up with the hot gritty sand feeling in my eyes, the welling of nausea in my tum and potter around the house scowling at the cats (who are currently asleep upside down in their beds). I did email my cousin Emily in New York to let her know but her Out Of Office Reply just flashed up, I look at the clock and realise that Emily is currently snuggled under her duvet sound asleep .......... grrrrrrrrr, I mean, how lovely for her (carefully replacing the phone and deciding against calling her to let her know).

Work is going really well (apart from my unexpected asbsence today), am enjoying the whole learning experience, finding it very interesting and love the dressing up in girl clothes bit. Very funny though how the mums and teachers at school doubletake when they see me sometimes. I drop Luke off in my usual comfy stuff and then pick him up in smart office clothes, they sort off blink and go "oooh look at you", or rather it was funny the first couple of times now I just think "do I really look so crap normally?"

Luke is doing really well and loves his school, he is growing up so quickly now though, and it panics me a bit, can't quite get my head around the fact that he isn't a baby anymore. "I would love a brother or sister" he announced yesterday, "really?" I replied getting all emotional/hormonal/excited, "yeah, but if it went into my room, I'd pick it up and just chuck it onto the landing" he said. "It's not a cat, it's a baby" I calmy informed him, "What's with all this 'it's' " he said looking at me closely, "you're not pregnant are you?" "nooooo" I sighed. He enjoys looking at the blogs of my cousins too, I often find him peering at pictures of their children and he loves playing the videos that are sometimes posted. In fact, the other day he said "now mummy see Graham, that is his sister Stephanie," "no Luke that is his mummy" "but she is pretty, how can she be his mummy?" Rightyoh then .....

2 Comments:

  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger Emily said...

    So sorry you couldn't sleep! I do the same thing, counting the hours bit.
    Luke seems to be older than his years!
    And don't worry about the other mums and teachers. I'm sure they're just jealous that you can look good in comfy mom clothes AND as a professional woman.

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hey Cousin, glad Lukey-Sam thinks I'm pretty, tell him we're all related. Paige points out my spots and says "Oh Mommy, you've got a boo-boo right on your face there." Yeah, I am very aware of that zit, honey, and it's so obvious that she's my daughter, immediately noticing things like that the minute they well up.

    Baby-Ev is keeping me up at night, too, so with our round-the-clock sleeplessness, you and I should chat...anytime!

    Here's hoping you catch some zzzz's soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home