Luke's Mummy

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year!

So Happy New Year to Everybody .... there that's me done for another 5 months!!!

No really, I've decided to blog more often even if it's to tell you what the cats have been up to in the absence of the Peavoy's doing something that I would consider interesting.

Luke is now settled into his full time school, he eventually ended up across the yard (literally) at our local school, have learnt a valuable lesson here. Must not ever send child to a school just 'cos his mates are going there and also never listen to rumours that they are going to demolish local school of first choice that is a very beautiful historic bit of Runcorn. Reason ...

The school next to his preschool where he ended up initially going to was to put it mildy a tad "boisterous" and not in a good way. I should have been hearing warning bells when after his first month we had a meeting with his teachers who then asked me to be on the PTA, come and assist the children with their reading and also to be a school Governor. Of course I was flattered at first and then I realised (as I mentioned to Emily on the phone) that after looking at the disinterested (again being very polite here) other parents it was somewhat akin to being offered a really good job only to realise you were the only applicant. So not to want to inflict the other gory details on you but it did involve Luke telling me some really awful stuff about guns, cutting Santa's head off and then not having time to eat his lunch as he was kicked out of the canteen to go play after 10 minutes, he was pulled out and placed in his new school. We felt really guily about him having start all over again in a new place where he didn't know any of the kids but it is so true what other parents had told me, they do make new friends very quickly. Thing is, I must stop hanging my head out of the bathroom window and watching him in the playground.

Must get a job ....

6 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM , Blogger Vetmommy said...

    WOW a new post AND a new look! I am looking forward to your new resolution to post more! I'll try not to be too scary with my comments, OK?

    Welcome back.

     
  • At 1:29 AM , Blogger paula said...

    Ok as long as you pwomise .... sob

     
  • At 6:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Welcome back! Your thoughts on your blog are always interesting and appreciated. I, for one, think your writing is brilliant.

    Glad little Luke is in a good school now - sounds like you made the right decision. Loved your Christmas card and the pic!
    Love, Auntie Bev

     
  • At 7:04 AM , Blogger Emily said...

    Yea, you're back!
    I'm glad Luke is doing better and you can watch over him.
    His picture is on my fridge.

     
  • At 2:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad you posted. I'd given up and took you off my daily check list. Great that Luje is at Victoria Road School.

     
  • At 2:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oops, I meant Luke. I am typing in the dark at 0445...........

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home